Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The Outsider - DJ Shadow

The music video is no exception to the awesome that Enuff (feat. Q-Tip & Lateef The Truth Speaker) leaves in its wake. Directed by Joe Baar and Francois Roland, the Enuff music video features Q-tip, Lateef and a Cardboard box robot. What more could you ask for? I start with this song for a reason. Enuff is clearly the highlight of the album.

::Faster Download::

Myself, being a long time fan of Shadow was far from disappointed in The Outsider (2006). Shadow's album was released with the help of many contributing hip-hop artists such as Keak Da Sneak, The Federation, and David Banner. Shadow keeps it real paying homage to his hard hip-hop roots with some songs featuring a 'new' 'teched drum machine' feel.


More than often, I find myself wincing at the nasty, crunched up bass sounds. Shadow is a bomb dude, but he seems to have over done it with the sci drum machine licks. The harsh voices of the hardest of h-hoppers just add to the pounding, and not in the best of ways. I love the lyrics and flow of just about every song, but with this...sometimes even disgusting drum tracks, it becomes all too much. As you can imagine.

But, like I started with, Enuff is nothing short of flawless. It's the crunkiest chunk of a thick spitting groover with everything on top. Clearly the glint the eye of this album. If not for the rest of it, pick up The Outsider for Enuff. You will not be disappointed.

(I had the illest article written up when Mr. Bloggyspot goes all Vecsch and I lost my glazzies and I couldn't viddy it any longer. With my rookers tap tap tapping away, I present you the "concise" version. Hoozah.)

No comments: