Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Couple Phat Tracks

Felt like posting some stuff I've been feeling lately as far as individual tracks go. So here's some hot tunes I've been enjoying lately.

Tunes:

Punkrocker - Teddybears ft. Iggy Pop
This ones been in a car ad apparently, but don't be discouraged! A great track, can't really tell where Iggy plays a part in this one but the singers baritone voice droning over the funky post-punk track sounds great and I like it. Definitely check it out.

My Drug Buddy - The Lemonheads
This is one of my favorite recent finds. An old rock track, kinda sounds like a cross between Tom Petty and the Smashing Pumpkins. One the best I've come across in a while, definitely worth looking into.

Postcards From Italy - Beirut
Jer brought these guys up before, and I think he covered them pretty well. Great sound, cool song. Check it out.

Gamera - Tortoise
Massive fattie from the recent Tortoise box set "A Lazarus Taxon". It's a great one to just listen to, it sprawls out for 15 minutes but with each passing minute something new or exciting is added to the track. Definitely a cool one.

For Reasons Unknown - The Killers
These guys have been getting alot of shit lately for sounding like Bruce Springsteen...and that might be deserved, but i like them and this is a great track that I feel doesn't stray much from the sound you would expect from a good Killer's single. If you get past the comparison talk and listen to this track for the towering pop-rock single it is, I think you'll enjoy it.


So theres 5 fatties I've been feeling lately. Hope you like them if you decide to check them out. Should be posting another review or something soon.

No comments: